Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts #1

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts - (un)Conventional Bookviews 

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is an original meme hosted by (un)Conventional Bookviews. 

The idea of Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is to share a quote with food or drink that showed up in a recent read. Let us know if it's something you'd like or not. Be sure to include the name of the book, author and character(s) doing the eating/drinking. 

Here's my quote for this week:

"Where are we going?” “On a dessert hop. There’s a bunch of places downtown that sell desserts and since it’s a beautiful evening, I thought we could walk around and try a little bit of something at each one.” “You’re a genius, Blakey.”
The first place along the way is strictly cupcakes. The frosting stacked on top is nearly as tall as the cupcake itself. After gazing at the menu hanging on the wall, I ask Sofia, “Which do you want us to try? I’ll pick the next one.” “Hmm,” she hums. “Let’s try the carrot cake one. The frosting looks really good.”

Blake by Lindsay Paige and Mary Smith (Kindle Locations 1624-1627).

Who doesn't like cupcakes? Although, I would prefer chocolate to carrot cake. But I do like cream cheese frosting. YUM!

Be sure to leave  link to your Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts post so that I drool over the food you're reading about as well.

8 comments:

  1. I'll leave you the chocolate cake and I'll keep the carrot cake with frosting, that sounds delicious... and it's making me hungry !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Ok, sounds good. That was why I chose a quote from this book - it kept talking about good food and making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am salivating here! I love anything with cream cheese frosting, but carrot cake? Even better. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've never been a big fan of carrot cake. I love steamed carrots. Thanks for your visit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Carrot cupcake with frosting as tall as the cupcake - yummy! Thanks for participating this week, Carey :)
    Enjoy your weekend, and maybe a cupcake or two as well.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this book but those cupcakes sound delightful! Any cupcake will do. :) And I also like the sound of a dessert hop...why didn't I think of that?!? Great quote, Carey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the idea of a dessert hop was unique. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete