Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Friday 56 Week 10


The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*It's that simple.

My post this week is from page 56 of A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

SYNOPSIS

Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.

As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.

The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) FRIDAY 56

From page 56 -- "What are you doing up there? Why aren't you at the feast?."

"Too hot, too noisy, and I'd drunk too much wine," the dwarf told him. "I learned long ago it is considered rude to vomit on your brother. Might I have a closer look at your wolf?"

Jon hesitated, then nodded slowly. "Can you climb down, or shall I bring a ladder?"

"Oh, bleed that," the little man said. He pushed himself off the ledge into empty air.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My husband and I started watching the show and he told me I needed to read the books. I'm finally getting around to it. Enjoying it so far.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Looking at the book, neither the cover or title do much for me. It's great we participat in this meme, because your teases have worked well. I couldn't help but smile at the ending. Have a great weekend.

    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just starting the series. But I watched part of the tv show first and nearly gave up on it because of the gore. But it is such an interesting world and there's some great characters, I just couldn't stop and knew I needed to read the book to get the full story.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this one yet. I'm not a fan of the television series. This week I am spotlighting a contemporary mystery/thriller - Merciless by Lori Armstrong. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly quit the show myself. But there are some great characters and I love the world he's built.

      Delete
  4. I'm slowly working my way through this book! Seeing the first season of the show had made it a little slow as I knew what was happening. Enjoy!!

    Here's mine: THE SCORPION RULES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been a few months since I watched the first season and have forgotten a lot. Plus I was told there was a lot let out of the show.

      Delete
  5. I have this on my kindle that I still need to read. I'm soooooo behind. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete