Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Review: With Visions of Red (Broken Bonds #1)

 With Visions of Red (Broken Bonds, #1)
With Visions of Red (Broken Bonds #1) by Trisha Wolfe
Release Date: May 3, 2015
Genres: Erotica, BDSM, Mystery
Pages: 268
Source: E-Book Freebie
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Passion and lust ignite. Dark and light battle. This explosive first installment of the Broken Bonds series sets the exhilarating pace for a cat and mouse game where no one knows who’s really pulling the strings.

Criminal profiler Sadie Bonds knows blood. Her affair with the gruesome, dark world of killers began long before she started applying her analytical skills to investigate gory crime scenes. She gets inside the killers’ heads, breaks them down, relates to them on an arcane level. She prefers it this way—because it’s safer to ally herself with the villain than the victim. At least, that’s how she’s coped ever since she was abducted and tortured as a teen.

She will never be a victim again.

Now, she’s honed her skills in order to bring justice to these ritualistic offenders. Working alongside her colleagues, armed with sharp wit and a SIG, Sadie always catches her sadist. Until one ruthless serial killer gets inside Sadie’s head, turning the tables. He knows her secrets. Her obsessions. The darkest, most deviant part of her soul.

When she meets Colton Reed, dangerous stakes are raised as he threatens to unravel her control and reveal her darkest fantasies. The sexy-as-sin bondage rigger at an exclusive BDSM club pushes her boundaries, forcing her to acknowledge that side of herself she fears. Plunged into a realm of torture and suffering, pain and pleasure, Sadie balances on the razor-sharp edge of two intersecting worlds threatening to swallow her.


Notes about the book:
I know not everyone enjoys reading erotica or bdsm. So if this isn't your cup of tea, please just skip this review and come back tomorrow when I'll review another book. I only occasionally read erotica.

As I'm writing this review (Tuesday), this book is currently free on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Book Quote:
"I didn’t start out this way… I was made. Fashioned into an untouchable creature out of horror and pain."

My Review
This was a different sort of erotica book than I've ever read. A lot of the erotica that you read are written to put the lifestyle out there. This seemed to me to be written with the mystery as the story first and then erotica was added as a part of the characters background.

I love a good mystery/crime-solving book. This book definitely keeps you thinking about who could have done it. Plus there's some background with the main character Sadie that we only get glimpses of. I really enjoyed watching Sadie work and hearing her thought processes on figuring out what the killer's motive and next moves were. At first her partner Detective Quinn seems like a real prick. But then you get to see his devotion to his job and even to his partner I think.

The erotica in the book was very steamy, but it wasn't too much. Most of the book is the crime that needs to be solved.

I was shocked when the book ended suddenly. I was figuring the crime would be solved in this book, but it wasn't. I will more than likely continue the series because I will have to know who did it.

Goodreads/Amazon/Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment