Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 End of the Year Book Survey

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984 

Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner has put together her annual book survey. It was this survey last year that actually got me to thinking about what I would post if I were to start my own blog. So I'm happy to post this this year. Last year I actually did answer most of the questions on my own, but just didn't share it anywhere. 

Note that this survey is for books I read in 2015, but the books do not need to have been published in 2015.

reading-stats-2015-1024x278 
Number of Books I Read: 62
Genre You Read the Most From:New Adult
I've decided to throw a few extra stats in here as well.
1 Star Reads = 0, 2 Star Reads = 1, 3 Star Reads = 24, 4 Star Reads = 25, 5 Star Reads = 10, Unknown = 2 - I failed to rate 2 books on Goodreads. I don't remember them well enough to take a guess at a rating.
Books read by month - January = 5, February = 4, March = 8, April = 1, May = 0, June = 13, July = 18, August = 2, September = 3, October = 2, November = 2, December = 4. All I have to say is "July, Wow!" I can't believe I read that many in a month.


best-YA-books-2014 

1. Best Book I Read In 2015?

This was difficult. I wanted to name everyone of my 5 star reviews. However, I limited myself to two books - one Paranormal and one New Adult
Defiance (Significance, #3) Nepenthe (Bracing for Love, #2)

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

 Private Games (Other Private Offices)
I normally really like James Patterson's books. I just love the Women's Murder Club series. However, I didn't enjoy this book very much. I don't know if it was the lack of the female character and/or romance or something else.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

Fake Boobs 

I really expected this to be a light & fluffy book. But it had a message to it and turned out to be much better than I was expecting.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

 Accordance (Significance, #2) Defiance (Significance, #3) Without a Doubt
 I don't really talk to real life people about books too much. However, since I've started my blog I've reviewed four of Lindsay Paige's books. This doesn't include the number of times I've mentioned her books in other non-review posts. My second choice is two of the books in the Significance series by Shelly Crane. I absolutely LOVE this series and I've mentioned it on my blog once or twice.

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

 Well, I've only finished one series this year. I also did start this series this year. But I'm counting it.
Best Series Ender goes to
Reckless Together (Reckless, #3)

Best Sequel has to go to
Defiance (Significance, #3) 

I'm finding it really difficult to choose just one for best series I started this year. So I think I'm going to cheat a little. The way I see it there are two types of series. There are series about the same characters that are a continuation of their story. Then there are series about different but related characters. So I'm going to choose one for each type of series.

For the series about different but related characters I choose --


Hell on Wheels (Black Knights Inc., #1)

For the series based on the same characters I choose --


Relentless (Relentless, #1)

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

I'm going to go with Sawyer Bennett. I really enjoyed her book Off Sides and am positive I will look into the other books in the series.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I didn't really read anything that I don't typically read. There's very little that I won't read.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Cursed
I read this book in one day. So to me that says unputdownable.

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 Any of the Significance Series. I really want to review them to add to my blog and feel that I need to re-read them to do the reviews justice.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

  Nepenthe (Bracing for Love, #2) 

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Probably Maggie from the Significance series.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

The Way We Fall by Cassia Leo had some beautiful lines in it; however, in the end I wasn't pleased with the ending.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

The Book Thief

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

The Book Thief was really the only book I read in 2015 that I was aware of before 2015. So I'll have to go with it.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? 

Oh, it would take me WAY too long to figure this out. I don't keep all the quotes I like together any where. I make notes on the books as I'm reading them and highlight passages on my Kindle. I welcome any thoughts on how you other bloggers keep track of this. I definitely don't have the memory to remember lines months down the road.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Longest - The Book Thief    Shortest - One Dream Only (Broken Dreams, #0.5) 



I think I'll leave the other questions till next year when I can hopefully keep track of things better and have been blogging a longer.
If you made it this far, thank you! This post took me days to work on.

Happy 2016!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you added up how many books you gave which rating to. I wish I had done this, I'm super curious to know. Glad you got to The Book Thief this year, it's such a good book. Hope this year brings you lots and lots of great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I saw someone else do it somewhere. It was a lot easier to come up with than my favorite quote. This survey was an eye opener into what I'm not tracking. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete