Saturday, January 30, 2016

January Wrap-Up

Weekly Wrap-Up

This was a busy week. One of last week's basketball games was rescheduled for this week. That made four basketball games for the week. Four, I say! Add this to a stressful week at work and I was exhausted by Wednesday night. I was reading some great books this week and found it impossible to go to bed early instead of reading a bit before going to sleep. So that made for late nights.

I finished three books this week which I find amazing. My favorite read of the week was Rarity by D.A. Roach. It was a real tear jerker!  I didn't have much time for visiting other blogs this week and have been trying to makeup for it today. I've been visiting some other like posts today and have found a few books to add to my TBR list.

January Reading Challenge Update



January Progress
I've crossed off seven of the boxes for this challenge.
Published in 2016 - The Muse & The Fairy Tale by Mary Smith
You Didn't Want to Put it Down - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Author Outside Own Country - Fever by Melissa Pearl
First in a Series - Winters Heat by Cristin Harber
A Dominant Color on Cover - Tragic by J.A. Huss
New Author to You - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
Published 2015 - Rarity by D.A. Roach

alphabet 2016
January Progress
I've completed seven letters for this challenge.
B - Bending Under Pressure by Lindsay Paige
F - Fever by Melissa Pearl
H - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
M - The Muse & The Fairy Tale by Mary Smith
R - Rarity by D.A. Roach
T - Tragic by J.A. Huss
W - Winters Heat by Cristin Harber

January Progress
I've filled in one more for this one.


BINGO

RomanceSnow On CoverHas Been TranslatedHoliday ThemedEpistolary

Multi POVSeries FinaleFantasyPink Cover2015 Release You Missed

Time TravelA Friend's FavFREEThrillerOne Word Title

Award WinnerBlack AuthorWhite CoverBook was a GiftRetelling

2016 DebutGraphic NovelStart A New SeriesRoyaltyBlue Cover
















KEY




readreading



Romance - Without A Doubt by Lindsay Paige
Multi POV - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
Start A New Series - Winters Heat by Cristin Harber
One Word Title - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
A Friend's Fav - Tragic by J.A. Huss
2015 Release You Missed - Fever by Melissa Pearl
Goodreads Group - 2016 Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge
January Progress
A Book That is Becoming a Movie This Year - The 5th Wave
A Book With a Blue Cover - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
A Book About a Road Trip - Winters Heat by Cristin Harber
A Book Recommended by Someone You Just Met - Tragic by J.A. Huss
A Book You Can Read in One Day - The Muse & The Fairy Tale by Mary Smith


MY GOAL: Mount Blanc, 24 books
January Progress
Books Read
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy, rec'd as Christmas Gift - READ Jan 20, 2016
Tragic by J.A. Huss, downloaded July 31, 2015 - READ Jan 13, 2016
Winters Heat by Cristin Harber, downloaded Dec 27, 2015 - READ Jan 8, 2016
Fever by Melissa Pearl, downloaded Oct 4, 2015 - READ Jan 24, 2016
Rarity by D.A. Roach, downloaded Dec 1, 2015 - READ Jan 25, 2016 
Reviews Posted


2016-Discussion-Challenge 
MY GOAL: Discussion Dabbler (1-12 Discussion Posts)
January Progress



NEW CHALLENGES I’VE DECIDED TO JOIN
2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge
This is a challenge for people wanting to read more dystopian books. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games and a few other dystopian series I’ve read. So I have decided to give this one a try. This challenge is hosted by Tracy at Cornerfolds and Claudia from My Soul Called Life.  Details of the challenge can be found here. I’’m going for the Recruit badge which is to read 5 dystopian books. 
January Progress
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy




This challenge is hosted by Montana @ The Book Belles and Jillian @ Jillian’s Books. You can sign up here. I’m going for the Poppy Level, 1-5 books reviewed. 

January Progress
While I've read books for this category, I won't have reviews up until February.

8 comments:

  1. Blimey, You're taking part in a lot of challenges! I thought it was hard enough to keep track of the few I'm doing and I'm just counting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great month! I admire you for participating in so many challenges - I could never keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It remains to be seen how well I keep up with them. :)

      Delete
  3. The book bingo looks like a lot of fun! Hope you have a great February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with all your challenges, Carey! You've made great progress to kick off the year. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at how much I've accomplished already this year. Of course, it's early yet.

      Delete