Friday, January 22, 2016

The Friday 56 - Week 8


The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*It's that simple.

My post this week is from 56% of Tragic by J.A. Huss

SYNOPSIS

Rook Walsh is TRAGIC

Because life so far – just sucks. Some girls get parents. Rook got the foster care system. Some girls get Prince Charming. Rook got an abusive frog. Some girls get lucky…

Rook got a second chance.

And she took it. Because when fate throws you a bone – you grab it with both hands and run.

Antoine Chaput knows the minute he spies Rook in his photography studio that she’s got The Look. The dark and desperate look he must have to land the exclusive TRAGIC media contract.

Rook is paired up with top model, Ronin, and he’s everything her abusive ex-boyfriend wasn’t. Patient, gentle, happy, attentive, and sexy! He knows exactly what to do to make Rook blush for Antoine’s camera.

Rook’s luck changes in an instant and suddenly she’s the darling of the modeling world. It’s a dream job to go with a dream guy and all she has to do is look pretty and follow directions. But there’s always a price to pay – and Rook is about to get the bill.

New Adult Contemporary Romance *Mature Content* Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language usage

Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1)

FRIDAY 56

And it hit me. If I wanted to change my life then I’d have to do it myself. Because no one was coming to protect me, or save me, or heal me.

8 comments:

  1. I like the synopsis and the 56 is spot on - we have to make the decision to change - no one else can do it for us. I love the cover and will have to get a copy of this. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like wise words we all say to ourselves at some point.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could swear I replied to your comment, but it seems to have disappeared. I hope your weekend was great! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like she's a strong gal. I hope her second chance works out.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/22/the-friday-56-93-the-wolf-gift/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's a great book! I fell in love with Rook and Ronin. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete