Thursday, January 14, 2016

That's What He Said Thursday - January 14, 2016

CB_TWHST2 
That's What He Said Thursday is a meme hosted by Julie and Lynn at Chapter Break.  Come join us every Thursday by posting a favorite line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind these are direct quotes from dialogue in a book. It is NOT a physical description of a male protag or a paragraph of dialogue. It is a line spoken by our favorite heroes to their lucky ladies (whom we so wish we were!!!!!!) sigh…

My post this week is from Winters Heat by Cristin Harber. I hope to have a review for it up later this week. I couldn't narrow it down to just one quote.

SYNOPSIS

Winters Heat (Titan, #1) After putting her life on the line to protect classified intelligence, military psychologist Mia Kensington is on a cross-country road trip from hell with an intrusive save-the-day hero. Uninterested in his white knight act, she’d rather take her chances without the ruggedly handsome, cold-blooded operative who boasts an alpha complex and too many guns.

Colby Winters, an elite member of The Titan Group, has a single objective on his black ops mission: recover a document important to national security. It was supposed to be an easy in-and-out operation. But now, by any means necessary becomes a survival mantra when he faces off with a stunning woman he can’t leave behind.

When Titan’s safe houses are compromised, Colby stashes Mia at his home, exposing his secret—he’s the adoptive father of an orphaned baby girl. Too soon, danger arrives and Mia lands in the hands of a sadistic cartel king with a taste for torture. As hours bleed into fear-drenched days, Colby races across the globe and through a firestorm of bullets to save the woman he can’t live without.

That's What HE Said . . .

 From the sweet side ....“All I have to wear are your mom’s sweatpants and shirt. Very sexy.” “We can remedy that hiccup.” “What? You’re going to be my white knight fashionista?” “I’m your whatever-it-takes-to-keep-you-happy-ista.”
From the sexy side.... “No, doll, this, isn’t normally how I relax. And I’m doing something very wrong if you don’t get lost in the moment. If you’re thinking about anything besides us right now, I’ve got work to do.”
“But no, Mia. I don’t do this after my ops. I don’t shower with women and ask about their feelings. I’m flying blind here, babe. No idea what I’m doing, but I’m doing it for you.”



6 comments:

  1. Mmm, Colby sounds like a swoon-worthy guy, Carey. I love that he's all about Mia. I've heard of Harber but haven't read her yet. I'll be sure to give her a try. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely swoon-worthy! Although, I didn't like him too well at one point.

      Delete