Monday, January 18, 2016

badge
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? hosted by The Book Date is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. 
 

Finished Reading

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1)

I gave both these books 5 Stars. Once I got past the introduction of Hopeless, I really loved it- plus there were some twists I didn't expect. Tragic was the book that was loaned to me and I discovered that I already owned it. I read it in two days. It was an easy and great read. It just seemed to flow so well that I was finished before I knew it.

Currently Reading

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) Fever (Songbird, #1) The Muse and the Fairy Tale

I've been reading The 5th Wave since just after Christmas. The only reason it's taking me so long to read it is because it's a physical book that I'm reading and I tend to only read it just before bed. I started Fever Friday. After finishing Tragic, I wasn't sure what I wanted to read next. So I stalked a blogger who has similar tastes in books and found she had rated it a 4 star. I already had the book on my Kindle so it won out. The Muse is a book I won an ARC of Thursday. It releases on February 2. So I'm working to finish it up before then.

What Will I Read Next?

Bending Under Pressure To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)

Bending Under Pressure is the next ARC I have to read. To the Nines is the other book I received for Christmas and is also a physical book. I think it might be faster reading than The 5th Wave though. It will be like returning to see an old friends.

What are You Reading This Week?

14 comments:

  1. Ha don't you hate it when you borrow it then find you already own it. Happens to me occasionally. I have yet to read Colleen Hoover, I know everyone raves about her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try Colleen Hoover. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Colleen Hoover! She's my absolute favorite author. I'm glad you liked Hopeless. Her books just get better with each release!
    Enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try Colleen Hoover soon. So many of you are reading her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giddy right now, Carey. GIDDY! I'm so happy you loved Hopeless and Tragic...but then, I kinda figured you would. ;) And I'm excited to see what you think of Fever. :D I'm also planning on starting The 5th Wave soon...my kids and I want to read it and then see the movie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm reading Off Sides right now. :D

      Delete
    2. I've got about another 50 pages on The 5th Wave and I'm really enjoying it at this point. I don't think I've actually even seen the movie trailer. With DVR you tend not to watch commercials.

      Delete
  5. I have. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I read all of the Evanovich books up to no. 13. Then I quit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to get back to them. I have several more sitting on my bookshelf that I picked up at the library's book sale. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love Colleen Hoover, but haven't read Hopeless yet. The 5th Wave is also sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read!

    Thanks for stopping by my Monday post this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the return visit! I'm hoping to read lots more of Colleen Hoover's work this year.

      Delete