Thursday, January 21, 2016

That's What HE Said Thursday - January 21, 2016

CB_TWHST2
That's What He Said Thursday is a meme hosted by Julie and Lynn at Chapter Break.  Come join us every Thursday by posting a favorite line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind these are direct quotes from dialogue in a book. It is NOT a physical description of a male protag or a paragraph of dialogue. It is a line spoken by our favorite heroes to their lucky ladies (whom we so wish we were!!!!!!) sigh…

My post this week is from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I will have a review for it up next week.

                                                               SYNOPSIS

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

 

 

That's What HE Said . . .

“Sky, if you’re wondering if I have commitment issues, the answer is no. Someday in the far, far, far away future… like post-college future… when I propose to you… which I will be doing one day because you aren’t getting rid of me… I won’t be marrying you with the hope that our marriage will work out. When you become mine, it’ll be a forever thing. I’ve told you before that the only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers, and I mean that.”

6 comments:

  1. *sigh* Dean Holder...you're making wish I could re-read this, Carey. Luckily, I picked it up in audio to listen to before I read Losing Hope. ;) I love, love, love Hopeless. CHoover is sooo good at evoking emotions through a thoughtful and poignant story. :)
    I finally got my ducks in a row and joined back in with the TWHS post this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He came off a little scary at first, but turned into a very swoon-worthy character. I'll head over and check out your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea, can't go wrong with Holder :)
    Love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for sharing this! I love Hopeless and Holder is just so perfect!!
    New Bloglovin' follower here!
    Check out my first Thirsty Thursday and That's What HE said Said first posts HERE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll head over and check out your post.

      Delete