Friday, January 29, 2016



The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*It's that simple.

My post this week is from page 147 (which is at 56%) of Fever by Melissa Pearl

SYNOPSIS

Singing in the shower takes on a whole new meaning in Melissa Pearl's first New Adult Contemporary Romance.

Ella Simmons does not want to move across the country. But she is, because her boyfriend has persuaded her to join him at UChicago to finish out her college education. Never able to tell him no, she hops on a plane and makes the trek from LA expecting to adjust to life like she's often forced to, but things are not that simple when she hears a luscious voice singing over her shower wall. His deep, sexy tenor makes her weak in the knees, spreading fire through her limbs and making her question everything about her life and relationship.

Can one voice really have that much of an impact?

Cole Reynolds is on his way out. In his final year at UChicago, the only thing he wants to do is finish school and get on with his life. But the sweet voice that interrupts his morning shower turns his world upside down. Compelled to find his shower songbird, he begins a search across campus. The only thing to distract him from this goal is his roommate's gorgeous girlfriend who's just arrived from LA - Ella Simmons.

Relationships are put to the ultimate test as future dreams are questioned and friendships are thrown on the line for love.

Fever (Songbird, #1) 

 FRIDAY 56

From page 147 -- “You have to admit that it's kind of creepy to be dreaming about another guy when you're with David,” Jody said. I threw my hands in the air with a huff. “What, so I just break up with him on the off-chance I might meet shower guy?” “No, you break up with him because he's not right for you anymore.”








18 comments:

  1. Sounds tempting! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine:
    “GRAY MOUNTAIN”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete
  2. Sounds quite steamy. Shower guy? Ok then. Here's my Friday Book Confession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Shower Guy. LOL! Going to check out your post now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun! Plus I like the friend's advice. She sounds pretty level headed. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very good friends in this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That snippet is great. I want to know if she will ever meet shower guy now. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you'll need to read it to find out. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Good reason to break up with someone... I wonder what she does though. Good one.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Between the cover and what the 56 suggests, I'm feeling a little flushed. ;-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of this - will have to add this book to my list. Thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not really my genre of choice, but I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I really like that quote, Carey. I so enjoyed Fever...and all the books I've read so far from this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Ella & Cole's relationship. I'd really like to see them in the future as they develop their own pub.

      Delete