Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Winter 2016 Mini Bloggiesta Jan 16-17

Bloggiesta-MiniJ16 

I just learned about this challenge and I’ve decided to take part. “In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing.” You can click on the image above to signup. I’m trying to learn to do some new things this year as well as get some regular posts going. I’m hoping this will help.

I will update this post throughout the weekend with my progress.

Here’s a list of things I’d like to work on.
  • Figure out how to put the Goodreads & Twitter buttons on my sidebar
  • Switch my blog subscriptions to Bloglovin (in an effort to help clean out my email)
  • Write and Schedule all of next week’s posts (would like to get in habit of doing this every Sunday)
  • Write reviews for Winters Heat and Hopeless
  • Decide which books I’ll read the rest of this month
  • Finish at least one more book
  • Participate in twitter chat
  • Complete at least one mini-challenge
  • Comment on at least 5 other Bloggiesta posts
  • Look at other blogs and get ideas for changes to my blog
  • Think about rating system


UPDATE SATURDAY, JAN 16

So when I sat down at the computer this morning, I made myself another to do list that included a lot of the things from above. I've pasted it below along with my progress. It's been a good day. Ever since I found out about this challenge, I planned to set aside one day this weekend for the majority of this challenge where I didn't get out of my sweats or do anything other than blogging stuff. It has been so nice!


  • Plan Next Week's Posts - DONE, actually planned out through the end of February
  • Prepare Next Week's Posts -- 2/7 DONE -- I've planned 7 posts and have prepped 2 so far
  • Clean Out Email -- 1697/1719 -- there were 1,719 in my inbox when I started to clean it out. I'm down to 1,697. A few more have appeared throughout the afternoon. I spent most of the afternoon alternating between reading and working on other things. I'll have to buckle down and clean this out tonight and tomorrow.
  • Clean Out Needs Action/Reply Box - DONE --I had 5 or 7 emails in here, Goodreads contests to enter and blog comments to reply to
  • Read 50% of 1 ARC -- at 49%, so I'll get further
  • Finish the 5th Wave
  • Write Reviews for Hopeless, Winters Heat, & Tragic - I really need to buckle down and get these done tonight or tomorrow

Below are the things I really want to accomplish tomorrow (besides the things not finished above) in order of importance from top to bottom.
  • Figure out how to put the Goodreads & Twitter buttons on my sidebar. I have the words Goodreads and Twitter with links. But I'd like the cool little buttons I see everyone else use. If anyone has a post on how to do this, please leave a link in the comments. I'd be forever grateful!
  • Participate in twitter chat
  • Comment on at least 5 other Bloggiesta posts
  • Look at other blogs and get ideas for changes to my blog
  • Think about rating system
UPDATE - SUNDAY, JANUARY 17

Both my husband and son were away from the house today. So I was able to spend several hours this morning and afternoon by myself working on my blog. I didn't accomplish everything on my list, but I did get most of it. Plus I also managed to do some laundry and dishes.

* Plan Next Week's Posts - DONE
* Prepare Next Week's Posts -- 6/7 DONE, the last I have is a Weekly Wrap-Up for Saturday
* Clean Out Email -- 1/1719, It was a little painful, but it's done. If you want to know how I did it, visit here. I pretty much did it the exact same way.
* Clean Out Needs Action/Reply Box - DONE
* Read 50% of 1 ARC -- DONE
* Finish the 5th Wave
* Write Reviews for Hopeless, Winters Heat, & Tragic, The Muse - 1/4

*Figure out how to put the Goodreads & Twitter buttons on my sidebar -- I didn't get this done. But I know where to start looking thanks to Tif in the Twitter chat today.
*Participate in twitter chat -- DONE
*Comment on at least 5 other Bloggiesta posts -- 5/5
*Look at other blogs and get ideas for changes to my blog
*Think about rating system -- IN PROGRESS

I look forward to the next Bloggiesta in March.

Feel free to leave a link in the comments to your post for this challenge and I'll check out your progress.

10 comments:

  1. Great list! Welcome to the party, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list, Carey! Bloglovin is a really convenient way to follow other blogs. Good luck with all your goals and hope to "see" you at the Twitter chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header that Bloglovin' puts on the pages always tended to annoy me. But I've got to do something about the overflowing inbox.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your list :) Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to check out your progress. Will be posting an update soon.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you figured out getting the Goodreads widget in your sidebar! :D Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually thought about the fact that readers can connect to my Goodreads through the "Currently Reading" widget. :) I've had that from the get-go.

      Delete
  5. You got so much done! I'm so glad you tried the Inbox Zero mini challenge -- hoping to hear more as you start using the system :) Happy reading and blogging, Carey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really happy with what I accomplished this weekend! Although, I did virtually nothing else. But everyone needs these kind of breaks every now and then.

      Delete