Friday, January 8, 2016

The Friday 56 Week 7

 

The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*It's that simple.

My Friday 56 for this week comes from one of my Christmas gifts - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy. I'm really liking this book so far. 

SYNOPSIS

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) FRIDAY 56

From page 56 -- "The camp lay twenty miles east of where we lived, hacked out of the woods during the 3rd Wave to build a field hospital after the ones in town had reached full capacity. The buildings were slapped together, made out of hand-sawed lumber and salvaged tin, one main ward for the infected and a smaller shack for the two doctors who tended the dying before they, too, were sucked down by the Red Tsunami."



18 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to pick this book up, but life keeps getting in the way.

    My Friday: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a habit of doing that. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great Choice!
    I did this one a while back, and I STILL haven't read it, and it comes out this month! OH well I'll get to it ASAP!

    My Friday 56! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I really want to read this book! It sounds great.

    Here's mine: Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be sure to check our your post.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a chilling sci-fi story. It may be too scary for me!
    My Friday post features THE TIME IN BETWEEN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than suspense, it's really not that scary so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love this book! Cassie is one of my favorite protagonist. Hope you enjoy and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm enjoying her. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This is a series I've wanted to read for like forever... lol.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great series out there that sometimes it's hard to get to them.

      Delete
  7. I got this book as a paperback ARC and *still* haven't read it. But I saw the movie preview when we took the kids to see Star Wars and I thought, 'hmm, I think I better get that one read.' ;) I'm glad you're enjoying it, Carey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good. I'm wondering how it's going to end.

      Delete
  8. This was a great book and I can't wait for the movie.

    Thanks for stopping by my post and have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good. Thanks for returning the visit.

      Delete
  9. OMG!!! I have this one on my pile for next week in anticipation of seeing the movie. Talk about a tease this week. I hope you are enjoying it! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The timing wasn't on purpose either. It was just the first Christmas book I started reading. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete