Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Authors Books I'd like to Devour This Year

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Today's topic is a freebie. So I've decide to list the Authors (and some book covers) whose books I'd like to devour this year.

1. Colleen Hoover - I just finished my first Hoover book and definitely want to read more.
Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) Ugly Love Slammed (Slammed, #1)

2. Tarryn Fisher - She and Hoover are BFFs and their banter is HILARIOUS. Plus they co-wrote Never Never and I own the first one.
Marrow Mud Vein Never Never (Never Never, #1) F*ck Love


3. J.A. Huss - Her Rook & Ronin series was recommended to me by Bookworm Brandee and I fell in love. I've got to have more.

Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2) Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3) Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)Clutch (I Am Just Junco, #1)

4. Sawyer Bennett - I read Off Sides and would really like to finish the series.
Off Limits (Off, #2) Off the Record (Off, #3) Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)

5. Kristen Ashley - I've not read any of her stuff, but she was recommended by Bookworm Brandee and I'm pretty positive I will like her stuff.
Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)

6. Shelly Crane - I'm in love with the Significance series and really need to finish it this year.
Independence (Significance, #4) Undeniably Chosen (Significance, #5) Wide Open (Wide Awake, #2) Wide Awake (Wide Awake, #1)

7. Heather Sunseri - Another series I need to finish.
Mindsurge (Mindspeak, #3) Tracked Emerge Uprising (Emerge, #2)

8.  Andrea Randall - I've only read her Jesus Freaks series, but loved it. I'd like to try out some of her other stuff (as well as finish the JF series once she publishes book 3).
In the Stillness Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1) Nocturne Bar Crawl

9. Cassandra Clare - I read City of Bones and really enjoyed it. I was really disappointed with the movie, but am looking forward to the new TV show. I haven't watched it yet (no spoilers, please), but have it dvr'd. I can't decide whether to wait until my daughter comes home from college to watch it together or go ahead with it.
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

10. George R.R. Martin - I'm in the middle of season 2 (I think) of Game of Thrones and enjoy it. There are a few things I don't like. But the world building is great and I really like some of the characters. Plus my husband says I should read the books.
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)

8 comments:

  1. Colleen and Tarryn are my two favorite authors. Every one of those books is excellent! I hope you enjoy them. I need to read more KA this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading about the pranks they pull on each other!

      Delete
  2. Great list, all of these authors are on my TBR. Maybe this year I'll pick them up?
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that by blogging about them that maybe I'll at least get to SOME of them. :)

      Delete
  3. I have not watched Game of Thrones yet, but one of my goals is to at least start the Game of Thrones series this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost gave up on the show because it is so gory. But there are some great characters and the world is so interesting.

      Delete
  4. I'm seeing quite a few books/series on your list that are on mine as well, Carey. Perhaps we can do some buddy-reading this year. I think it'd be fun, if you're interested. And I'm of course thrilled to see JA Huss and KA on your list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of buddy-reading. Is that where we both read it at the same time and post about it? If so, I'm definitely in!

      Delete