Saturday, January 23, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up

This has been a good reading and blogging week. Last weekend I took part in the Mini Bloggiesta and prepared posts for Sunday through Friday and scheduled them. That was nice! Now here it is Saturday and I haven’t even started a post for today. I planned to do a Wrap-Up post and didn’t think there was a way to do that ahead of time. I thought about starting it several times during the week and getting some thoughts down. But I never did. Thus my rambling.

I finally finished The 5th Wave Wednesday. I really got into the book at the end; however was a little disappointed with the ending. Yancy builds your emotions up so much that the ending just sort of left you high and dry. Questions are answered except for one. So it wasn’t a huge cliffhanger, but it was still a letdown in my book.

I also finished my ARC last weekend. It releases on February 2 and I will have a post then. I also started reading Fever by Melissa Pearl and have made progress in it this week. Two nights ago I began my next physical book read -- To The Nines by Janet Evanovich. I have another ARC that I need to get to and will probably try to start it next week. I’ve picked up so many great books recently that I’m not sure where I’ll start after I finish these three books.

We had lots of freezing rain and a bit of snow this week. It was enough to cancel school, but not enough to keep me home from work. In one way that’s disappointing because I would have loved a snow day. But on the other hand I tackled W-2s this week and got those out to the employees. Now I just have to finish up with the reportings I need to do for the company and do the 1099s. I HATE January. I’m so ready for February. I plan to take a vacation day in February to take a long weekend for myself. Anyone know of any challenges or read-a-thons going on in February that I could plan around?

In the past I've linked up to some great blog posts I saw around the blogosphere the past week. But I didn't make it to many blogs this week. So I have nothing to share.

Happy Weekend! I’m off to try to write some reviews and posts for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment